We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you ... you're just helping re-supply our family's travel fund.
One of my fondest memories is going to this little Chinese restaurant with my dad. It was a buffet that’s owned by a family and they serve the best peanut butter chicken and crab rangoons.
The two year anniversary of my dad’s passing is next week. Normally, I’d pay homage by going to our favorite restaurant and getting an almond cookie (those were his faves!) to put on his grave…but this year, I’m trying to avoid the bloat and guilt of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
This recipe takes next to no time at all – the longest part is just cooking the chicken! You could probably also do this in a crockpot – if you do try that, please let me know how it turned out!
Also, I prefer using Smucker’s Strawberry Preserves versus jam – I’m a fan of chunky strawberries!
I created this recipe to bring back a little nostalgia, but also to add a delicious twist! Nothing goes together better than peanut butter and preserves, right?
I went to Target and picked up both Jif Creamy Omega-3 Peanut Butter and Smucker’s Strawberry Preserves. I used my Cartwheel app to save 5%! Use these links to save 5%:
How to Make It:
Peanut Butter Chicken with a Strawberry Soy Sauce
- Peanut Butter Chicken:
- 6-8 Boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 TBSP Soy Sauce
- 3/4 C Jif Creamy Omega-3 Peanut Butter
- 1 TBSP Honey
- 1 TBSP Minced Garlic
- 1/3 Cup Chicken Stock
- For Strawberry Soy Sauce:
- 1/4 C Smucker's Strawberry Preserves
- 1 TBSP Soy Sauce
- Cook chicken breast in a cast iron pan with a few tablespoons of water until juices run clear
- Meanwhile, put the rest of the chicken ingredients in a bowl and mix well. This works even better if you use an immersion blender to get it super integrated.
- Spoon mixture over the chicken, and put the chicken peanut butter side down and cook on high for 45 seconds.
- Repeat with second side.
- Mix together Smucker's Strawberry Preserves and soy sauce until well-incorporated. This works best with an immersion blender.
- Serve sauce on the side with a bed of rice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 676Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 136mgSodium: 836mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 4gSugar: 14gProtein: 63g
Each individual's dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. The reader assumes full responsibility for consulting a qualified health professional regarding health conditions or concerns, and before starting a new diet or health program.
Please tag me @KathyHaan if you make this! I’d love to hear your comments on this recipe below!
Leave a Reply