Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you...you're just helping re-supply our family's travel fund.
This post was sponsored Optimum Nutrition as part of Influencer Activation and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Remember that time when I lost 123 LBS in a little over a year? Once I shared that story, people flocked to my blog trying to figure out how I did it. I got the usual questions like:
What was your exercise routine?
What did you eat?
Did you deal with loose skin and stretch marks?
Can you motivate me to do this, too?
The truth is that I can’t motivate anyone to do anything. That’s something you need to look internally for. One of the most common excuses I got for why they couldn’t lose weight and get active is because they just didn’t have the time for it. That always makes me chuckle a bit because at the time, I was caring for my elderly father, going to grad school full-time (while maintaining straight A’s), caring for two small children, working full-time, and running a home business.
I’ve found that sometimes when we genuinely don’t desire something, we can trick ourselves into thinking all of these obstacles are in our way. The reality is that we have to make it a priority. To make things a little easier, I’ve come up with some tips to make balanced living not feel like so much work.
1. Don’t want to give up beer? That’s okay, me either! Your favorite light lager Michelob ULTRA Pure Gold has 2.5 grams of carbs and just 85 calories. And, it’s triple filtered and brewed free of artificial colors and flavors. You can also try Michelob ULTRA Lime Cactus, for a refreshing lime taste that won’t weigh you down. That option has just 5.5 grams of carbs and 95 calories. If you’re enjoying in moderation, it’ll be easier to drink responsibly, too.
2. Rather than grabbing a sugar-filled snack from the vending machine, pack snacks for work. Or better yet, keep some in your desk so you’re not tempted by the third birthday cake of the week. Some of my favorites include:
10g of plant-based protein Kashi GO – Peanut Butter Crunch Breakfast
- Optimum Nutrition’s 20g of protein Salted Toffee Pretzel Protein Crisp because of its crispy texture
- Optimum Nutrition’s Birthday Cake Protein Cake Bites (also with 20g of protein!)
3. Ride your bike for quick errands rather than taking your car. I’m partial to the 26″ Men’s Schwinn Sidewinder Bike because the seat is adjustable without using any tools, it’s reasonably priced, and it has a mountain-style frame and front suspension so it’s durable.
4. Practice Meal Prep Sundays, where you prepare your meals for the week into containers. Sure, it’ll take you a few hours but this way it’ll save you a ton of time during the week. This way, you’re not tempted to order takeout because you don’t feel like cooking! I get my meal prep containers and all of my snacks from Walmart because I can find everything I need in one place for a reasonable price.
To make matters even easier, you can also enter the Get Out Get Active Sweepstakes this summer and enter to win a prize package catered toward an active lifestyle!
You have an opportunity to win an awesome prize pack including Optimum Nutrition products, a Schwinn Bicycle, and accessories in the Get Out Get Active Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes ends June 30, 2019 so take advantage of it today! For official rules please visit GetActiveThisSummer.com