Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you...you're just helping re-supply our family's travel fund.
One of our family’s favorite activities is to pick strawberries from our local strawberry farm. And right now, the weather has been a little cooler, which actually makes for sweeter strawberries (you learn somethin’ new everyday!)!
Some other cool facts about strawberries:
- They are members of the rose family. Seriously!
- They’re the only fruit with seeds on the outside.
- Current research suggests that eating just 8 strawberries a day can improve heart health, lower blood pressure, reduce inflammation, reduce the risk of cancers, and even improve cognitive function.
White peach strawberry crumble bars so yummy, you’ll be asked time and again to bring these to every potluck!
Whether you’re itchin’ to use up your bushel of strawberries or are planning a special brunch, you’re going to love these white peach strawberry crumble bars.
They’re gooey, sweet, and refreshing.
You can serve these white peach strawberry crumble bars with iced tea or a glass of refreshing lemonade.
- 1 pk of puff pastry dough
- 5 large white peaches ( sliced)
- 3 cups of sliced strawberries
- 1T. lemon juice
- 2T. Corn starch
- 1/2c. Quick oats
- 1/4c. Brown sugar
- 1/4c. Pure cane sugar
- 3/4c. Flour
- 1 stick of butter (room temp.)
- 3T. Lemon Juice
- 3/4c. Powdered sugar
- Add sliced peaches and strawberries to a large bowl. Add 1T of lemon juice and 2T. Of corn starch and toss. Place fruit mixture in a colander to drain extra juice and set aside for 20 mins.
- Roll out pastry dough on a nonstick cookie sheet (you can also lay a piece of parchment paper down for easy clean up) and pinch up ½ wall around each side so the fruit will not fall out.
- In a medium bowl add oats, flour, brown sugar, and cane sugar and mix. Cut in the cold butter to your mix using a pastry blender or two forks until it makes a crumble texture.
- Pour peach and strawberry mixture over pastry dough. Once fruit is in place now it's time to sprinkle your crumble mix over your fruit covering it completely.
- Place in oven on lower rack for 30 mins. And then move up to top rack for the remanding 10-15 so your crumble can be nice and golden brown.
- While bars are in the oven baking in a small bowl mix 3 T. of lemon juice and 3/4c. Of powdered sugar and whisk. This can be drizzled over your bars as soon as you take them out of the oven or individual bars.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 387Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 156mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 3gSugar: 23gProtein: 3g
Each individual's dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. The reader assumes full responsibility for consulting a qualified health professional regarding health conditions or concerns, and before starting a new diet or health program.