We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you ... you're just helping re-supply our family's travel fund.
Everything tastes better whipped, doesn’t it? Please tell me I’m not alone in that sentiment! This straciatella mousse is so good!
I had the chance to review Under 15 Minutes Quick and Easy Vegetarian Meals, which features over 100 recipes that are super simple and quick to make. As a super busy mom, time is of the essence for me! I love to cook, but rarely have time to cook elaborate meals anymore.
These meals are great for the kids to help out with, too! And although I’m definitely not vegetarian, these are easy to adapt for meat eaters!
My kids and I chose to make this decadent mousse because it is a treat and has high protein. Killing two birds with one stone! I also chose to make this a chocolate version, as the original version was vanilla with chocolate shavings. I received some really yummy Kiva Organic Cacao Powder that I wanted to use. It worked out perfectly and satisfied my craving for chocolate, producing a rich, super chocolatey (this is a word, isn’t it?) mousse. I like Kiva because it’s vegan, raw, and non-GMO.
Straciatella Yogurt Mousse
- 2 cups Greek style yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, whipped (best if you can find the highest quality cream from a local farmer!)
- 1/2 cup chocolate shavings
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar (organic is best)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Kiva Organic Cacao Powder (optional)
- Combine the yogurt with the chocolate shavings, powdered sugar, vanilla, and cacao powder if using
- Fold in the whipped cream, then spoon the mousse into serving glasses
- Serve immediately, or chill for a few hours before serving (depending on your preference!)
See? That was super simple. The only thing that took any kind of time was whipping the heavy cream, which is fun and something the kids like to watch.
Leave a Reply