Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you...you're just helping re-supply our family's travel fund.
I’m a bit of an alfredo connoisseur. So when I stopped at a new eatery in our town and saw “Becky’s Famous Fettuccine Alfredo” on the menu, I knew I had to try it!
While waiting for my meal, I had visions of butter, parmesan cheese, and heavy whipping cream dancing around on my tongue in a perfectly choreographed waltz. Good alfredo sauce is more than just making sure it tastes good…it’s an art. You’ve got to make sure it emulsifies and doesn’t break apart into an oily mess on someone’s plate.
When I got my order, I dove in.
And I’ve got to say, Becky, I don’t think your alfredo is famous for tasting good.
You see, the problem is, I couldn’t really taste anything at all. There was ZERO flavor to the sauce. It was so bad that I had to ask for a to-go box to take it all home and season it there. My children, who are mac n’ cheese aficionados, hated their mac n’ cheese, too. Zero flavor. Becky might have made that, too.
The lesson here? Don’t be like Becky.
I’ve got a killer recipe to share with you – I just know you’re going to love it.
It’s got a secret ingredient. Want to know what it is?
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 package of cream cheese
- 1 1/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat.
- Add cream cheese, stirring with wire whisk until smooth.
- Add heavy whipping cream, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps.
- Stir in Parmesan and pepper.
- Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long. Toss with hot pasta to serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 313mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g
Each individual's dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. The reader assumes full responsibility for consulting a qualified health professional regarding health conditions or concerns, and before starting a new diet or health program.