We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you ... you're just helping re-supply our family's travel fund.
When it was my turn to bring snacks for the Girl Scouts meeting… I wanted to get a little creative with things I had in my cupboard. These came out perfectly – they’re a bit nutty, very delicious, and reminds me of summer time bonfires. Honey Maid S’mores make this a super yummy breakfast or anytime snack.
Some notes on the recipe:
- 3/4 cup Honey Maid S'mores Cereal, turned into a powder in a food processor
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 3/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt or finishing salt
- crushed pistachios, for garnish
- toasted coconut flakes, for garnish
- melted chocolate, for garnish
- If not already liquid, warm up the coconut oil.
- Add liquid coconut oil and the rest of the ingredients in a glass bowl and stir until thoroughly incorporated.
- Let sit for 10 minutes to give the chia seeds a chance to puff up a bit.
- Using a spoon, scoop up enough to form a ball.
- Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and garnish with your desired toppings.
- Serve and enjoy!