Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you...you're just helping re-supply our family's travel fund.
One of my favorite things to eat pretty much year-round are s’mores. So when I found Honey Maid S’mores* at Hy-Vee, I was over-the-moon!! The look on the kid’s faces when I walked in with this told me everything I needed to know: I was the best mom, and they’d be eating cereal at my house rather than at school from now on! Hy-Vee has a huge selection of cereals everyone in the family will love. Who doesn’t love eating cereal for any meal of the day?!
When it was my turn to bring snacks for the Girl Scouts meeting… I wanted to get a little creative with things I had in my cupboard. These came out perfectly – they’re a bit nutty, very delicious, and reminds me of summer time bonfires. Honey Maid S’mores make this a super yummy breakfast or anytime snack.
Some notes on the recipe:
-I don’t recommend using steel-cut oats for these as they will be too hard for it
-Most Hy-Vees will carry Honey Maid S’mores
-You can really use any kind of nut butter in place of the peanut butter, or you can omit it entirely. You may need to adjust the liquid ratios
-I use unsweetened coconut flakes for the garnish, which can be found in the baking aisle. To toast them, just toss them in a pan for a few minutes, stirring constantly
- 3/4 cup Honey Maid S'mores Cereal, turned into a powder in a food processor
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 3/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt or finishing salt
- crushed pistachios, for garnish
- toasted coconut flakes, for garnish
- melted chocolate, for garnish
- If not already liquid, warm up the coconut oil.
- Add liquid coconut oil and the rest of the ingredients in a glass bowl and stir until thoroughly incorporated.
- Let sit for 10 minutes to give the chia seeds a chance to puff up a bit.
- Using a spoon, scoop up enough to form a ball.
- Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and garnish with your desired toppings.
- Serve and enjoy!
Did you make a recipe? Tag @kathyhaan on Instagram or send me a snap. I WANNA SEE!