Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you...you're just helping re-supply our family's travel fund.
Personal development books have helped me get through some of the darkest times in my life. From a suicide attempt, to a divorce, death of my dad, imprisonment of a close family member, depression, and everything in-between.
The right personal development can pull you outta that funk, inspire you, and give you the ideas you need to change the world.
Here are 10 of my most favorite personal development books for girl bosses everywhere…in no particular order:
- #GirlBoss – by Sophia Amoruso, she was a dumpster-diving misfit who went on to create one of the fastest-growing retailers in the world.
- The Firestarter Sessions – by Danielle LaPorte, which is broken into sixteen “sermons” that help you figure out and make HAPPEN your deepest desires.
- Spirit Junkie: A Radical Road to Self-Love and Miracles– by Gabrielle Bernstein, who I’ll be seeing this weekend at the Spirit Junkie Masterclass. This book was really the catalyst for self-love and recognizing miracles all around me.
- The Desire Map – by Danielle LaPorte, which is a guide to help you figure out how to chase the FEELINGS that you get when you accomplish your goals, rather than on the goals themselves. Her planner is also really good!
- Girl Code: Unlocking the Secrets to Success, Sanity, and Happiness for the Female Entrepreneur – by Cara Alwill Leyba, which helped me realize that I had to get rid of toxic friendships and surround myself with positive women who aspire to do nothing but lift each other up!
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear – by Elizabeth Gilbert, for how to live a more creative, joyful life.
- The Champagne Diet: Eat, Drink, and Celebrate Your Way to a Healthy Mind and Body! – by Cara Alwill Leyba, which promises healthy (and not just SKINNY). Let go of the diet mentality and learn how to live your best life.
- WTF to OMG: The Frazzled Female’s Guide to Creating a Life You Love – by Jennifer Sparks, so you can stop being a victim of circumstance and start creating a life you deserve.
- Get Rich, Lucky Bitch!: Release Your Money Blocks and Live a First Class Life – by Denise Duffield Thomas, which gives you actionable things to actually get shit done, and not just to woo-woo you into getting inspired before your next crash-and-burn.
- Year of Yes: How to Dance It Out, Stand In the Sun and Be Your Own Person – by Shonda Rhimes, who I’ve heard talk many times and I just adore her. It talks about how she says yes to almost everything now and it’s opened the door for so many amazing opportunities.
Take your badassery to the next level and get these books…they’ll change your life!!
Am I missing any?? Let me know below!