Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you...you're just helping re-supply our family's travel fund.
Once upon a time, I ate oatmeal every single morning
As someone who’s lost 123 lbs…I know a thing or two about food. And nutrition. And losing weight. Maintaining weight. Gaining weight.
Consequently, when I find myself gaining weight or being hungry all the time, I’ll start tracking my macros. Macros are the macronutrients of what you’re eating. Usually I find that I need to do a little tweaking – whether upping my fat or protein intake, or maybe eating more calories.
According to Harvard University, it will help you feel fuller for longer. I like to sneak protein in in many ways, whether by adding in an extra Shakeology to my day, or incorporating it into recipes…like this one!
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- ¼ cup finely chopped apple
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash pink himalayan salt
- ¼ cup homemade greek yogurt
- Beat the egg and milk in a 2-cup microwave-safe bowl until blended.
- Stir in the oats, apple, honey, cinnamon and pink himalayan salt.
- Microwave on high until the liquid is absorbed and the egg is set, 1 ½ to 2 minutes.
- Stir and top with greek yogurt.
- Garnish with additional chopped apples if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 295 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 192mg Sodium: 310mg Carbohydrates: 44g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 21g Protein: 13g
For additional options – consider adding banana, chia seeds, and nuts.
What are some of your favorite ways to sneak in extra protein?
If you try any of the recipes on this site, please tag me on IG @KathyHaan – I’d love to see ’em!!