Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you...you're just helping re-supply our family's travel fund.
Updating your property has many benefits. You might look to design more attractive and comfortable rooms, or boost the value of your home. Designing a beautiful bathroom is all about making the room feel relaxing. These simple bathroom design ideas will help you create a tranquil space.
Bathroom Design Ideas
1. The right lighting
To create a relaxing bathroom space, you need the right lighting. Consider installing bathroom mirrors or vanities that have lighting around the edge. When you take a relaxing bath, you can switch off the main lights and have a tranquil spa-like experience!
Bathroom mirrors with lights come in many styles. You can choose regular lighting, or colored lights if you prefer. If your bathroom is on the smaller side, choose a mirror that runs the entire length of the wall. Mirrors are a great way to maximize space in a small bathroom.
2. Calming colors
To design a peaceful bathroom, it’s best to use calming colors, focus on colors that represent the natural world, including sea blue, evergreen, or earthy brown. There are many ways to add a touch of color to your bathroom. Here are a few general ideas:
- Choose a colored bathroom sink or cabinets.
- Paint your walls in calming colors.
- Add colorful bathroom accessories and ornaments.
- Use lighting or colorful candles.
- Use colorful tiles to enhance your space.
There are plenty of different bathroom tiles to choose from, your Tile Contractor will offer more info about the materials and styles available.
3. Bathroom plants
Plants can help you create an inviting space, and there are so many bathroom plants to choose from. For a few ideas, try these beauties:
- Pilea Peperomioides: These tropical plants are ideal for a bathroom space. You might also hear these called ‘UFO plants’.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera plants are super easy to look after and will just love the humid conditions of a bathroom space.
- Alocasia: These striking plants are the perfect addition to any bathroom. All they need is bright light and occasional watering.
4. Heating flooring
Want to create the ultimate relaxing bathroom? Then consider adding heated flooring to your bathroom space. Heated floors are cozy and luxurious, they can also help you create an energy efficient home. If you’re looking to design a modern bathroom where you can relax, heated floors are a great idea.
5. Art work
Using artwork, we can enhance a room and achieve a certain style. Adding artwork to a bathroom can make the room more relaxing, whether it’s a photography print or a painting. When you’re choosing a piece of art for your bathroom, keep the following considerations in mind:
- What color schemes do I already have in my bathroom?
- How much do I want to spend?
- Which type of art would I prefer?
- Which style would fit in with my bathroom?
Bathroom Design Ideas Conclusion
These bathroom ideas are all you need to create a relaxing bathroom space. When you create a beautiful bathroom space, you’ll get far more enjoyment out of this room. Turning your home into a relaxing haven is the best way to boost your well-being.