We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you ... you're just helping re-supply our family's travel fund.
With 2024 looming, you have to do all that you can to ensure that you are putting your safety first and foremost. Your house is your castle but if you’re not staying on top of its security, you’re going to find yourself without a secure house to live in. You deserve to walk into your home and know that you aren’t going to be disturbed by outsiders. You and your family should feel like security is your normal rather than feeling like it’s something others can achieve but you can’t. The walls of your home should be solid enough to keep out the weather, and the windows and doors should be secure enough to keep out everyone else!
Making your home secure should be your next foray into home renovations, this way, when someone tries to get in with Lishi tools and a crowbar, your home maintains its fortress-like state. With the right high tech and low tech products, you are going to amp your home security right up and make the entire house feeling safe for the year. We’ve got you covered, though. In this article we’re going to tell you all of the ways that you can make your home secure for 2024.
- Add a security door. If you want to add another layer of protection for your home, you need to make sure you have cheated the right material for your security door. Aluminum has, for example, a corrosion resistance which is fantastic for those who live by the sea. It’s also a visual barrier which can stop most burglars in their tracks because they don’t want to have to go through one to get into the house. It becomes too much work to break in. If security is a bigger issue in your area, you could also opt for a solid steel door frame which can really help to keep your house secure during 2024. There are plenty of videos to teach you how to install a security, but if you don’t want to do it yourself, make sure that you hire an expert to come and do it for you.
- Make your outdoor lights motion sensored. Motion sensor lights are there to help you to see your way around your home in the dark, and they’re also there to help to guide guests to your front door. But they do have a hidden power, and that’s to scale off anyone To your home without good intentions.You deserve to feel secure in the dimmest corners of the garden, and motion sensor lights can do that for you. You can add them over your entrances, over dark sides of your home and around the garage, which is often a prime target for criminals who are looking to change it. During the Christmas months especially, having somebody try and break into your home is more common with motion sensor light so you might be able to put them off.
- Think about upgrading your doorbell. If you have a doorbell already, well done you. But a digital doorbell could change the game. Some doorbells have motion sensor technologies, such as the Ring cameras, and they are discrete cameras that allow you to see who’s at your front door by looking at your app on your phone. It’s a great security feature because it will alert you if anyone is moving around your property. During the daytime when you’re at work, you can log into your app, check who is at your front door, and speak through the camera to ask them what they’re doing.
- Renters don’t have to panic. If you don’t want to install security cameras or digital door cameras that require you to drill into the side of the house, you don’t have to worry. Most renters have this problem because their landlord might not want to install security cameras. If you want a quick setup, however, you could try wire free security cameras that come with rechargeable battery operated models that are easy to install. You can move them around the property, you don’t have to call an electrician and they’re not affected if power goes out. It’s a good way to keep your home secure.
- An Invisibility Cloak. While you may not be able to get an actual invisibility cloak, you can make your home more invisible by making it less of a target. A gate, even one that doesn’t lock, can make a big difference on a driveway because otherwise you have a wide open invitation for people to walk straight up to your house. A gate around the perimeter of your home is going to show people that you mean business when it comes to protecting it.It’s harder to break into. It’s easier for a criminal to get caught and it’s all because you had the foresight to install a gate.
- An outdoor spotlight. We’ve already talked about motion sensor lighting, but think about how spotlights outside can make a big difference to your security. There are security cameras that go further with outdoor spotlights attached to them. It’s these that can help to prevent crime before it happens, because a spotlight will just shine down on whoever is at your front door. This brings their face and their features into full view and you can capture them on camera from there.
- Smart lights. An important addition to your home is smart light. If you’re away during the day or even during the night, Smart lights can mimic your habits. This means lights will get switched on at certain times of the day and turned off as well. If you are somebody who is out of the house a lot, but you want to protect your investment, smart lights can make it look like you’re home even when you’re not. This is going to be imperative to your security because then you can fake your presence to anybody looking to break into your home.
- Upgrade your door locks. Modernizing your doors with digital door locks is going to make a big difference to your security for 2024. Usually these could be locked with a pin code or even a thumbprint, which means that it’s going to be much harder for people to break into your house. All of these things can give you massive amounts of control over your front door wherever you are in the world. If you don’t have the money to upgrade your door locks with the smart lock, then think about going old school. With high tech security locks, a good deadbolt is a must. Even if a window is broken to gain entry, the door can’t be pushed open without a key. A heavy deadbolt would also give you that added umph behind it.
- Make sure your front yard is littered with gravel. Gravel may not be something that’s aesthetically pleasing to you, but for criminals it’s going to be so hard for them to sneak around quietly when there is gravel over the front yard. Having to tiptoe over something noisy means that they will have more chance of being caught when they are in the act. It’s a crunchy surface so opted for this over pavers, Especially under the windows can help you to keep your house secure for longer.
- Look up your shed. Using heavy duty chains, you can lock up your shed and even your garage to protect your outdoor equipment. The simplest security products, such as chains, can work as an effective deterrent to intruders. If your outdoor lock is shown to have chains looped through with a padlock attached, it will deter criminals from coming near your house. They will not want to risk being caught, especially with chains rattling around at nighttime.
- Install a safe. If you have high items of value in your home, such as jewelry or important documents, a safe is going to be a worthwhile investment. You have to ensure that the one that you choose is both fire and water resistant though, so that anyone trying to break into your home is not going to get very far. A safe should have a combination lock to it or a smart lock so that nobody can just pry open the door.
- Add a window to your front door. Removing the element of unwelcome surprise is important, and a window in your front door can make all the difference. It’s nice to have a peephole, but a window can really prevent anyone from hiding because it’s bigger and it’s more of a full length thing that someone could stand next to.
- Add house alarms. Window alarms and door alarms are important for security in your home. An early warning, such as sounding the alarm as soon as the window is broken, can’t get the police to your home quicker and get you to safety quicker and avoid any potential applications with a criminal.