We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you ... you're just helping re-supply our family's travel fund.
It’s always amazing to head to the spa but not everyone has the time or the money to head out for a spa day every now and then. Instead, you can try to create the experience of one in your home – and that’s not always the easiest thing to do!
With an amazing bath, however, you can get that spa feel with just a few tools at your disposal. You can bring your own spa equipment, your own water softener and even your own homemade bath bombs, but what makes the perfect bath? In this article, we’re going to talk you through a list of things that are really going to make a big difference:
- Prepare it well! You need to make sure that you pay attention to the prep when you are trying to put together a bath, because it’s your bath that will truly relax you. You don’t want to sink into it to realize that you forgot your products or your towel, right? Set up the space properly and make sure that the bathroom and the tub are clean and ready to be filled. You could add softer lighting in the form of candles, add low-key music and a big pile of fluffy towels nearby, too.
- Add your products. Whether you’re looking at salts or bath bombs you need to add your products to the water while the water is running. There’s nothing better than sinking into fragrant water and if you add some magnesium salt flakes, you’ll guarantee pure physical relaxation!
- Have a pre-bath shower. When your bath is full and ready for you to sink into it, flip the faucets off and get into the shower. Yes, a shower! When you sit in a bath before a shower, your skin cells and any dirt float to the surface and become scum. So, don’t stand up and let it all cling to your body. Exfoliate and scrub with soap in the shower and THEN get into the bath. You’ll feel far more relaxed about it.
- Add some essential oils. Your bath needs to relax you mentally as well as physically, and essential oils are the way to do it. You can use competing aromas so that your bath smells great and you can even choose oils like lavender to really relax you!
- Bring a drink and snack. What better to add to the side of your bath than a snack? A glass of icy water or wine? A bowl of frozen grapes wouldn’t go amiss, either! You can enhance your bath experience when you add snacks and drinks because you’re going to make the whole thing more immersive. A side table is all you need to hold all of these items so that you don’t have to get in and out of the bath.
- Get comfy! Adding a bath pillow or a soft mat beneath you will help you to feel more comfortable in the tub. It can sometimes be uncomfortable but you can lay back and relax when you have the right bath pillow.