Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you...you're just helping re-supply our children's squishy and slime fund.
What do you get when you cross a shamrock shake and pie? You get this super easy, creamy no-bake pie!
It’s getting close to my son’s birthday, which can only mean one thing: St. Patrick’s Day everything! It was just five years ago when, a week overdue, our little guy delightfully surprised us with a rapid-quick home water birth. Annnnd he had red hair.
He’s now got super blond hair now though – funny how that works!
I’m a bit over-the-top with him – everything is a big production to make fun memories…and one of his favorite things to do is to help me in the kitchen. This shamrock shake pie is something that’s super quick to whip up – the hard part is waiting for it to solidify in the fridge before you can dig in! I mean, you can – I’m not judging over here!
- Instant vanilla pudding, one large package (family size)
- Whole or 2 percent milk (around 3 cups, per vanilla package directions)
- Cool Whip , 1 Container
- Mint extract (plain mint, not peppermint)
- Mini graham cracker crust tart shells
- Neon green food coloring
- Maraschino cherries
- Redi Whip
- Prepare the vanilla instant pudding mix according to package directions. In most cases, you will prepare the package with 2.5-3 cups of cold milk. Follow the package directions to be sure you get the right consistency. There is no need to chill when done. You will do this when you chill the prepared pies.
- Once the pudding is made, add in 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of mint extract. The amount you add will depend on how strong you wish for the mint flavor to be. It may be smart to start small and taste before adding the full teaspoon.
- Stir in the cool whip. You will use one full, thawed container. Follow up with 5-6 drops of green food coloring. Again, you can add more or less depending on how bright you want the pie filling to be.
- Scoop the mixture into your pie shells. Place them in the fridge for about 5-6 hours or until firm and set. Remove and top with a garnish of Redi Whip and a maraschino cherry!