Maybe you had your placenta encapsulated by a professional, or did your own like I did. Either way, you probably have a lot of leftover placenta pills and are wondering how to use up some of them. I came up with this heavenly scented, luxuriously soft whipped body butter recipe using placenta powder. Benefits of the body butter may include:
- Reduces signs of aging
- Reduces inflammation from eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis
- Reduces appearance of stretch marks
- Heal sore or cracked nipples from breastfeeding
For use on:
- Cesarean and other surgical incisions (closed and non-draining)
- Cradle cap
- Diaper rash (cloth diaper safe)
- Perineal tears
- Cuts and scrapes
Placenta Whipped Body Butter Recipe
Using Placenta Pills
- 1/2 cup shea butter (where to find) Note: This Amazon seller has the absolute best customer service skills!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (where to find)
- 1/2 cup jojoba oil or almond oil (where to find)
- 1/2 cup cacao butter (where to find)
- 5 placenta pills
- 20-30 drops of your favorite essential oils (I use lemon, lavender, thieves, and peace & calming)
- In a glass bowl, combine all ingredients except placenta pills and essential oils
- Fill a larger glass bowl with very hot water
- Set smaller glass bowl inside bowl of hot water, making sure not to get any water into your mixture. Alternately, you can use a double boiler and stir over medium heat.
- Stir gently until all is melted and emulsified. Remove from heat.
- Once cooled, put in fridge until it thickens. This should take about an hour.
- Add essential oils and contents of placenta pills. Using a hand mixer, mix until fluffy. This should take about 10 minutes. You will think that there is no way this stuff is going to get fluffy. I promise you–the magic starts to happen at about 8 minutes in! My husband said, “That looks like whipped cream!”
- Store in a glass jar(where to buy) at a temperature below 75 degrees. Any lower than that and it will soften but will still work! Use like any lotion.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.