Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own.
One of my favorite things as a child was sitting around the dinner table telling stories. My siblings and I had usually been outside all day until it got dark out, and then we’d reconvene for supper. Now, more than ever, families are divided by electronics. I propose that we start bringing back family time.
Below, I’m providing you with some ideas to help bring the family together every evening:
- Have everyone go around and say something new they learned that day.
- Everyone takes turns saying one sentence, with the object of telling a cool story by the time everyone is finished.
- Practice spelling – the adult gives the child a word to spell, and if they miss, the adult makes a buzzer sound. If they spell the word right, the adult says “bing bing bing bing!” This was one of my favorites as a kid, and I attribute my spelling abilities to it!
- Have the kids plan supper (with supervision of course) – all the way from setting the table, to creating the menu, cooking, and everything in-between!
- Our family loves to choose a particular “theme” for supper a couple of times per month that teaches us a little something. For example, we will usually choose a particular country, eat food inspired by that country, learn a few phrases in that country’s main language, and give a little history lesson while we’re at it. This is my kids’ favorite!
- Movie night! Another thing you can do is take the family to either a Walmart Supercenter or Walmart Neighborhood Market to pick up State Fair® Classic Mini Corn Dogs and Jimmy Dean® Pancake & Sausage on a Stick. Once done, head to TysonFreeMovieNight.com (be sure to have your receipt handy!), and get two promo codes each valid for a free 1-night DVD rental from Redbox.* You can then redeem these at a Redbox kiosk before heading home. You’ll then have the State Fair Mini Corn Dogs for supper, watch your two movies, and then in the morning have all of the kids pile into bed for breakfast in bed with Jimmy Dean Pancake & Sausage on a Stick! Pro Tip: The kids will love doing this – try making it a regular habit!
*1 promotional code per transaction. Payment card required. Charges apply for additional days. Can’t be combined with other offers. Subject to additional terms. Void where prohibited.
I’d love to hear what ideas you have for bringing the family together for a night in! #TysonFreeMovieNight